Sprouted lentils are one of my absolute favorite summer foods. They're crisp, crunchy, and delicately flavored.
This salad pairs ripe summer tomatoes with crisp sprouted lentils and chewy roasted potatoes. This could easily be a hearty lunch or an excellent addition to summer barbecue!
- 1 cup sprouted lentils
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 pound lettuce
- 2 small potatoes (or leftover roasted potatoes)
- salt & pepper
- Black caraway (aka black cumin) seeds for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, or less if desired, finely chopped
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- If not using left over potatoes, preheat oven to 375*. Chop the potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes, dress with olive oil and bake until fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small container and set aside.
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Mix all salad ingredients together. Stir or shake dressing ingredients to emulsify and pour over salad. You can filter out the raw garlic if you want to or leave it in.
- Garnish with black caraway seeds and serve!