Launch Party!! Autumn Drinks and Appetizers
Woo! Welcome to the partaaaaaay!
I'm constantly amazed at the myriad different ways that veggies can be cooked up and eaten. If it weren't enough that we packed 166 recipes into the cookbook, we're celebrating the launch with a virtual party including 14 delicous autumn themed drink and appetizer recipes!!
So come on in, hang up your coat, grab your copy of The Casual Veggie Cookbook, then enjoy some drinks and appetizers. The party is just getting started!
Fizzy Ginger Pumpkin Punch
6 cups gingerbeer or ginger ale
2 cups pumpkin puree
2 cups apple cider
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the apple cider, pumpkin puree, and cinnamon.
2. Slowly pour the gingerbeer and stir. Come back to stir the contents occasionally throughout the night as the pumpkin will begin to settle.
3. Transfer to serving bowl or pitcher and enjoy!
Butternut Squash and Sauerkraut Pizza
1 frozen pizza dough
1/2 large butternut squash, about 3 cups chopped
4 ounces fresh mozzarella
5 button mushrooms
1/4 cup sauerkraut
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 sage leaves
Salt to taste
1. Check the pizza dough package and set it out to thaw at the appropriate time.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
3. In a large bowl toss the chopped butternut squash with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a dash of salt. Place the squash on parchment paper on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until soft.
4. Remove the squash from the oven and blend with 2 tablespoon olive oil until well combined. Set aside.
5. Dust a clean surface with flour and roll out the pizza dough. Place the dough on a baking sheet. Spread the butternut squash puree over the pizza dough, leaving a 1/2 inch edge.
6. Top the pizza with sliced mozzarella, sliced mushrooms, sauerkraut, and chopped sage.
7. Bake at 450 for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
If you thought those looked good wait 'till you see these!
Cheers to good health and happiness!
I teach people how to cook and eat real food with confidence so that you can have less stress, better health, and WAY more fun in the kitchen and in life.
Join the newsletter for tips, inspiration, and stories every Thursday.