Launch Party!! Veggie Potluck
Welcome to the launch party Potluck!
I want to thank you everyone who has already purchased a copy of The Casual Veggie. I truly hope that it becomes a helpful resource to LOVE eating your veggies!
We're keeping the party going with a veggie potluck. Take a tour of the buffet table and see what our amazing bloggers have cooked up, then grab your copy of The Casual Veggie cookbook and meet us by the punch bowl!
Keep scrolling for my recipe for Kohlrabi Cranberry Salad!
Kohlrabi Cranberry Salad
For the salad:
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 4 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 2 cup sliced kohlrabi
- 2 cup sliced apple
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh cranberries
For the dressing:
- 3 smashed garlic cloves
- 2 sage leaves
- 4 smashed cranberries
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Smash the garlic and cranberries for the dressing. Place all of the dressing ingredients, except the oil, in a cup and set aside.
2. Place the shredded kale in a large bowl, sprinkle with sea salt and drizzle with olive oil. Use your hands to rub the oil and salt into the kale until it has decreased in volume by half. Set aside.
3. Cut the bottom stems off the Brussels Sprouts and shred with a mandolin or slice thinly with a knife. Repeat with the kohlrabi, apples, and cranberries. Add sliced ingredients to kale and toss to combine.
4. Remove the large pieces from the dressing, add the olive oil and vigorously whisk together until thoroughly combined. Pour half of the dressing over salad, toss to coat, taste, and add more dressing as desired.
5. Top salad with extra cranberries and sage leaves to garnish.
I teach people how to cook and eat real food with confidence so that you can have less stress, better health, and WAY more fun in the kitchen and in life.
Join the newsletter for tips, inspiration, and stories every Thursday.